Friday, March 7, 2014

stories in blue



Lately my life has been something of a bee's life; buzzing to work and buzzing home, getting up with dawn and rushing off to work again. Life in Büyükçekmece is peaceful, and there isn't much to write about or photograph, so I've been stretching the Zagreb trip to its limits as far as posts are concerned. Elections in Turkey are just around the corner, which is likely to disrupt things, but being far away from the city centre, I'm not sure what to expect. Buildings are plastered with massive campaign posters and obnoxious lines of flags are twisted and draped between and around street lamps, signs, and just about everything. Everywhere I go I feel a politician's eyes on me...

I was in Lisbon at the end of February, and it was so good to be back. Though my Portuguese is still quite limited at this point, and navigating the city is just now becoming a little less confusing, I felt like I was going home.



This beautiful aging pavilion is named after Carlos Lopes, Portugal's first ever Olympic Gold medalist. The details in the azulejos are simply stunning... Lisbon makes me want to draw.

4 comments:

dinahmow said...

It's all beautiful, but I think I like the caravel ? best.

szaza said...

I do too— there's a wider range of values which add to the drama of the scene. I do like the waves which turn into horses and merpeople too.

Unknown said...

Lovely photos as always

szaza said...

Thank you, Sue!