Saturday, March 15, 2014

the fixers of broken things



I have a tremendous respect for people who fix things. In an age where nearly everything is made to be cheap, instant, and disposable, I am discovering that it has gotten harder and harder to find the fixers of broken things.

I don't have much to say about the current events in Turkey. I am highly disturbed by the violence which continues to be committed against its citizens, and some of the nonsensical vitriol spouted by certain politicians and their ministers is simply astounding. Actually, I have a lot to say, but I just don't know how to put it all into words.

Fifteen year-olds should be allowed to grow up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many broken things. I hope you can keep out of the worst of it. You had much too close a look last time. Keep care...

szaza said...

Thank you, Sheryl. I'm outside of Istanbul where it is quiet. I'm very thankful to be safe, but so very angry and upset by all that is going on...